Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sun Choked

So in case you're wondering about Brett's sunkissed post it's because we spent all day yesterday outside and Brett and I (Jessica), the palest of the bunch, got sunburned. Actually Brett's arms look like she got a soft hug from the sun whereas I look as if the sun choked me. Rule number one: sunscreen on cloudy days.

I haven't figured out yet if Peruvian drivers ignore traffic laws or if Peru simply doesn't have any. There are roundabouts everywhere and it is to truly take your life into your own hands to venture into one.

Couple things to leave you with before I post some pictures: 1) Our Starbucks offers valet parking, 2) the hotel the ABAC reps are staying at has a porpoise pool (!), and 3) I absolutely love our delegation - Dallas, Vietnam and L.A. I could never have anticipated such a dynamic group to travel with and after spending the past 36 hours with them with only 4 hours of sleep, I think they'll be a large part of making this a great experience for me.


No comments: